Computer Sound like Mickey Mouse?
If your computer sound is reminiscent of someone inhaling helium gas, or a Mickey mouse wantabee, check this:
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware and Sounds. Check to see if you have a Realtek HD Audio Manager choice. If so, click on it.
- On the Speakers tab, make sure Karaoke it set to 0. Click Okay. Close the Control Panel. (see pic below)
If you DON'T have the Realtek Sound Manager, check to see if you have some other sound manager application running, and look at it's settings to see if you can find some tab that may effect the speaker sound.
If your speakers just sound funny, like they are in a hole, try this:
- Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.
- Double click on Speakers to open it.
- Click the Enhancements tab and make sure that only 'Loudness Equalization' is checked.
- Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows.
Done with Computer Sound, take me back to Computer Questions